an american hairdresser in mexico


December Blog

If you're looking for a hairdresser in Mexico City and are wondering if I'm the one for you, let me give you a background on who I am as a hairdresser. I've decided to stick to the areas I'm an expert at doing. What don't I do?  I don't do hair extensions, I don't do relaxers and or do up-do's. 
So what do I do best? 
Hair Cuts!
~Fine hair. You really need to know how to cut fine hair well in order for it to come out great. By that I mean smooth with no lines. No choppiness. Layers that blend. Hair that's blunt with clean lines yet moves and swings and has volume. 
~Curly hair. If you have curly hair you probably have a hard time finding someone who can do a good job cutting your hair. I hear it all the time. "Do you know how to cut curly hair?' Cutting curly hair can be tricky. You have to go with the curl, not against it. And my goal is always to give my curly haired girls the option of wearing their hair curly or straight. 
And everything in between! Fortunately when I did hair shows in the U.S. I had expertise training from some of the best American, European and Canadian stylist. Since then I continue to take classes and learn new things all the time!

~Blondes, blondes and more blondes. Lots of highlights and lot's of highlight corrections. I help people get a beautiful natural looking blonde while keeping it healthy all at the same time!  The days of bleaching and  toning to get the perfect blonde are long gone! Color should be achieved in one step. No bleach no harsh products. 
~Along with highlights color is also my thing. All over color. Most of the time my clients come to me just having moved here from many different countries around the world and no formula of what their previous hairdresser had done. I not only match their color but I try to make it even nicer than before!


So that's it pretty much! Cut and color all day long. And I love it. I love making people feel like they look too pretty to  go home!  

Color Maintenance Program
I've designed this incentive program to encourage people to keep up with their hair color and not to walk around with roots. What I always say is 'when you get your hair colored the intention is to look like it's your hair color.'  
Make your next color appointment while your in my salon, within 6 weeks of your lastappointment and  you will receive:
* $100.- pesos off your next all over color
* Highlights w/lowlights the 2nd color will be at   
   no extra charge (normally $200.- to $400.- pesos for each   additional color) 
* So highlight/lowlight with all over color (roots)    will be  $200.- to $300.-  pesos off!!!!

Holiday Hair!


The last thing you want to do when you jump out of bed on your holidays is spend time faffing with your hair. That’s why these easy summer hairstyles are the answer – quick, simple and great for combating holiday hair horrors like frizz and flyaways, you’ll be out of the door ready to soak up the sunshine quick sharp!
Learn a lesson from Eva Longoria and focus on volume to give your hair a quick style refresh. The extra oomph will detract from any greasiness too!


<centre> Learn a lesson from Eva Longoria and focus on volume to give your hair a quick style refresh. The extra oomph will detract from any greasiness too!



Curls don’t need to be spiralling from root to tip, especially if you want more of a laid back look. Take inspiration from Nicole Kidman and start your curls from mid-length, keeping the rest of your hair smooth. 

<center>Curls don’t need to be spiralling from root to tip, especially if you want more of a laid back look. Take inspiration from Nicole Kidman and start your curls from mid-length, keeping the rest of your hair smooth. 



A low ponytail is a simple but chic way of creating a beautiful hairstyle and is a must if you’re short on time or running out the door. Copy Diane Kruger and use a section of hair to hide any hair bands you have used.


<center>A low ponytail is a simple but chic way of creating a beautiful hairstyle and is a must if you’re short on time or running out the door. Copy Diane Kruger and use a section of hair to hide any hair bands you have used.


Client Testimonials
I am the happiest girl right now! It looks fabulous. The blend with the bottom blonde pieces is perfect! The colour is perfect.The placement of the highlights is perfect. haha yes I´m crazy right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you :) :) :)
Susie, Canada

Ronit as my 2 years in Mexico comes to an end, I want you to know that you were with out a doubt one of my favourite things I loved about Mexico. As I move on now I will do my best to find someone who can highlight and cut my hair that way you do! I love the way do my color with different tones so it looks more natural. And every time I come out of your place I feel like a star! Thanks so much! I'll really miss you.
Rebecca, UK

My experience has been fantastic with Ronit. I started to go grey early so I've always had brittle, dry and thin hair.  With Ronit's help, I was able to continue to color my hair, even experiment from time to time from jet back to ombré with light brown/blonde highlights and maintain healthy, silky hair.  I'm not sure what she does with my hair but it is magic. I'll miss her deeply not only as a trusted hairdresser and also as a friend and confidant.
Kristine, (moved to Carmel, Ca)

Ronit I've heard so much about you I'm glad I finally came see you! What everyone says about you is actually true! I loved my colour and my cut and so did my husband! Thank you, I can't wait to see you again!
Maria, Germany

Hi Ronit!
I love love love my hair!!! Thank you so much!! The highlights are better than I could have ever imagined! Why did I wait so long to come to you??? I'm really happy I found you!
Sara, USA

Hi Ronit,
I've been meaning to write and tell you how happy I've been with my hair highlights and cut!  Thank you so much and it was great to meet you.  I have gotten many compliments and have shared your cards with some of my friends at the embassy.   You will definitely be hearing from me again!
Best wishes,
Donna, USA

Oh goodness Ronit your wizardry is getting me way more attention than this introvert is prepared for. I'm blushing excessively, but thank you. Being beautiful can be fun, right?! 

Lauren, USA
Hi Ronit I don't know how to thank you enough for saving my hair! Finding someone to give me soft natural looking highlights has been a challenge for me here. The last salon I went to turned my hair orange! And when I went back to have it fixed it just got worse! Anyway, I am grateful to have found you! Thank you so much!
Katherina, Polland
Thanks a LOT for today Ronit! And yes, I LOVE my hair when its been treated by  Ronit :)
Such a difference! You have a really unique touch, both with hair and your clients, impressive!
Clara, Sweden

Ronit did an amazing job of my hair. I don't think I have ever had colour done that looked so natural, and it was great to be able to find someone who knew about european hair and with whom I could communicate with ease. I'd definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a hairdresser in Mexico City.
Suzanna, U.K.

I got my hair cut today, and as always in Singapore, it was a very stressful experience.  Every time I am getting my hair cut here I sit in the chair feeling very tense and wishing I were sitting in your chair in Mexico instead!!  
 I really need to find someone who speaks English as her first language and is used to working with "western" hair!!
 Coming to you was always a lot of fun too!

Melissa, U.S.A.

Ronit, it's so nice to have someone who understands my hair! I've been going to this other guy for the past year and haven't been happy. I'm so glad I found your blog and made that trip to Polanco! Now I feel good again!
Lisa, U.S.A.


Ronit, I'm so glad I cam across your blog! What a relief to find a hairdresser I love in Mexico! One less thing to worry about. Everyone loves my hair but most importantly, so do I!
You rock!
Thanks Ronit!

Zen, Austrailia

feel free to contact me for any questions!
Happy New Year Everyone! May 2015 be your best year yet!

Ronit
an american hairdresser in mexico

Comments