an american hairdresser in mexico

So after 25 years of being a hairdresser I still love to learn new hair cutting and coloring techniques. I feel passionate about what I do and hopefully it shows!
Last week I came back from a 3 day hair show. So much fun! What did I see? A lot of amazing hairstyles and updos.....outrageous updos! And of coarse are for stage purposes only. (hopefully) But seriuosly also some beautiful cuts and colors that I can be inspired by and bring back!

november's monthly special!
This month everyone who has an appointment with me will be receiving a mini complimentary deep conditioning treatment. If you're getting a cut and style you will receive a moisturizing treatment. And if you're getting a color service as well, you will get a special conditioning treatment to make you hair soft and shiny and seal in your new color to help prevent fade age! All new products that I am currently using on my clients and love!

Hair Tips!

Think about the condition of your hair, and natural wear and tear. If you have long hair the ends can be up to five years old, therefore they have endured, five summers, fifteen hundred shampoos plus any number of blow dries etc etc. So treat your hair with care, you've been through a lot together!

When shampooing, remember that you are shampooing your scalp and roots of your hair as they are much oilier than the ends. So pay less attention to the mid lengths and ends of your hair as these will get cleansed as the shampoo is removed from your scalp.



When you have applied a conditioning treatment to your hair, wrap up your hair in 15-20 loose layers of cling-film, this will create hundreds of tiny air pockets that will get warm with the natural heat from your head, giving a nice and even temperature to process your treatment.



Before using your hairdryer it is best to coat your hair with a protective styling spray or serum. Modern hairdryers are nowhere near as scorching as they were a few years ago, power drying is till detrimental to your cuticles, and they need all the moisture they can get. 
In the beginning...
Start by giving your hair a warm, invigorating blast with the ordinary nozzle (always keeping it six inches from the hair itself). The will eliminate excess water and speed up the drying and styling process.

Tip: When blow-drying your hair, always keep your hairdryer pointed down in the same direction as your hair cuticle to insure your hair from 'ruffling' your cuticles which causes 'frizz'.

If you are drying fine or curly hair, attach you diffuser, and aim it at the roots, where it will help create lift and volume. Move the diffuser in small circles, to promote even distribution of warm air to your hair.

color maintenance program 
I've designed this incentive program to encourage people to keep up with their hair color and not to walk around with roots. What I always say is 'when you get your hair colored the intention is to look like it's your hair color.' 
Make your next color appointment while your in my salon, within 6 weeks of your last appointment and  you will receive:
* $100.- pesos off your next all over color
* Highlights w/lowlights the 2nd color will be at   
   no extra charge (normally $200.- pesos for each   additional color)
* So highlight/lowlight with all over color (roots)    will be $300.- off

New Products!
So every year I like to ask my clients 'so when you're doing your hair and your reaching out for your products is there a hair product you wish you had? And if so what would that be?' Hair products go a long way! When I moved from the US to Mexico I remember my hair going thru hair shock! I ended up buying a ton of products that took over my bathroom. That's when I decided I need to offer good products that really work to my clients. Products that make your hair look healthy, soft and shiny. Let's face it, if your hair doesn't look healthy, no matter what cut or color you do, it just won't look good. This year I'm focusing on shampoo's and conditioners in particular. You will be amazed how far shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning treatments will take you!

Let's talk about hair! Let's talk about styles that make you look more youthful!
Sporting a stylish ’do — such as the current look of soft waves — suggests a fresh, fashion-forward take on beauty, which naturally conveys a youthful perception. But the trend has to be lifestyle, age and face-shape appropriate, advises Cutler. De Berardinis recommends that you take cues from celebrities in your age bracket.”

Natural

Sporting a stylish ’do — such as the current look of soft waves — suggests a fresh, fashion-forward take on beauty, which naturally conveys a youthful perception. But remember to take lifestyle, age and face-shape into consideration. Take notice from celebrities in your age bracket. This will give you an idea not only of what in right now but what's in for you!



  • Layer can actually accent some of your best features! Depending on where the length of the layer falls, they will highlight your best attributes, like high cheekbones, a beautiful jawline or a nice eyebrow arch. Long, with no layer, no body hair can drag your face downward, and can actually make you look tired and older.

Face-Framing Highlights
  • Highlights help attract light, which creates a youthful "glow" around your face and brightens your complexion. To keep from looking washed-out, use a base color that’s a little deeper and warmer in order to keep you from looking washed out.

  • The Side-Swept Bang

    "Bangs before Botox," Specifically, you want a piecey, side-swept bang, rather than a blunt bang, which can look retro or harsh on a mature woman. Bangs (fringe) inadvertently draw attention to your eyes and disguise both crow's-feet and forehead wrinkles — clear signs of older age.
Client testimonials!!!

As a traveller (who is very fussy with her hair!) it is often hard to find a good hairdresser in a new place. I did a lot of research before I found Ronit and it was worth it - she was fabulous! She is so passionate about what she does and really cared about what was best for me. End result - fantastic cut and colour. Only wish I was in Mexico City more often for more regular appointments!
Hayley, Australia

Hi Ronit, 
I had my first terrible haircut in since I left Mexico.  I miss you as I always knew I would leave your house looking and feeling great.  This time my hair has been hacked into and is all different lengths so it looks thin and strange when tied up.  It is all different lengths at the front and too short layers at the back!  Now I need to go back to Mexico so you can do your magic!
Nikki, UK

Hi Ronit,
I just had Spanish class and my teacher was impressed how nice my hairs looked :)) You did great highlights  !!!
Thank you , it was so nice to see you yesterday:)
Adriana, Germany

Ronit, it's so nice to have someone who understands my hair! I've been going to this other guy for the past year and haven't been happy. I'm so glad I found your blog and made that trip to Polanco! Now I feel good again!
Lisa, U.S.A.


Ronit
an american hairdresser in mexico


please feel free to write me with any questions


Comments