an american hairdresser in mexico

I everyone Happy May! And to all the mommies out there Happy (early)Mother's Day! This month as the weather is getting warmer I want to talk about easy hair. Think about wash and go hair! Believe it or not it can happen! It all starts with a good cut!
What I consider a good haircut to be is something that suits your face shape, the texture of your hair and how much work (realistically) you're willing to put into it. I always tell my clients it's more important to me how you look every day than how you look when you leave my studio. I know you'll look good when you walk out of my studio! (ha-ha...if I do say so myself) But I want you to be able to go home do you hair and think 'wow, that worked!...I love it'
Remember that having beautiful hair color goes hand and hand with having a great haircut. Not only will it show off your cut better but it will add texture and shine to your hair as well! So go for it baby!


Check it out. Get inspired.

Kate Mara

Sweet innocent girl next door look! If you have straight hair this look can be a simple as wash and go! This is a one length bob that's simple yet classic. The highlights will give you that extra umph you'll need so it doesn't too boring and flat. In this case the highlights a very thin and super blended. Going lighter for summer is always fun! Think about it!


Nicole Kidman
So I love red this year! Remember that just like grey, red has many shades! The important thing is choosing the right one. Getting the right tone will not only add color to your skin but will add a beautiful highlight your face. If your hair is curly or wavy like Nicole Kidman's hair is here you can add a curl enhancer when to your hair when it's wet, let it air dry and vavoom! You'll have gorgeous bouncy hair. Remember not to comb or brush your curls after you shower. By not combing your hair after you get out of the shower your curls will clump together one curl by curl instead of frizzing out!
Julianne Hugh
Julianne's looks is totally easy! So this cut is just below the shoulder and shagged out! Her hair color is ultra iced (cool) blonde. Not everyone can carry off this color but if you like the idea you can get this same feeling with a little warmer color so that it flatters your face and your coloring. Knowing how to choose the right shade of blonde is critical. That's where I come in!

Natalie Portman

So once again I'm showing a shoulder length style. Doesn't mean everyone should have it but if you're thinking of going a little shorter this style looks good on most people! As for her color she has a soft ombre look. If you like ombre but don't want your hair to look like it was dipped in hair dye, this color subtle ombre may just be the one for you! Think about it!

Kim Kardashian

So as for me personally, I'm a long haired girl. I love my long hair! If you look around here in Mexico City you'll be thinking 'so like what's up? 80% of the female population has long hair here!' It's simple, Latina's like sexy hair and why not? If your thinking about growing your hair, remember to get it trimmed and keep it healthy. Damaged long hair is far from sexy.

Whatever your style is know your style. Know what looks good on you and have fun with it. Remember your hair says a lot about you.


Client testimonials

Hi Ronit,
I've been meaning to write and tell you how happy I've been with my hair highlights and cut!  Thank you so much and it was great to meet you.  I have gotten many compliments and have shared your cards with some of my friends at the embassy.   You will definitely be hearing from me again!
Best wishes,
Donna, USA

Oh goodness Ronit your wizardry is getting me way more attention than this introvert is prepared for. I'm blushing excessively, but thank you. Being beautiful can be fun, right?!

Lauren, USA
 
Hi Ronit I don't know how to thank you enough for saving my hair! Finding someone to give me soft natural looking highlights has been a challange for me here. The last salon I went to turned my hair orange! And when I went back to have it fixed it just got worse! Anyway, I am grateful to have found you! Thank you so much!
Katherina, Polland

Thanks a LOT for today Ronit! And yes, I LOVE my hair when its been treated by  Ronit :)
Such a difference! You have a really unique touch, both with hair and your clients, impressive!
Clara, Sweden

Ronit did an amazing job of my hair. I don't think I have ever had colour done that looked so natural, and it was great to be able to find someone who knew about european hair and with whom I could communicate with ease. I'd definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a hairdresser in Mexico City.
Suzanna, U.K.

I got my hair cut today, and as always in Singapore, it was a very stressful experience.  Every time I am getting my hair cut here I sit in the chair feeling very tense and wishing I were sitting in your chair in Mexico instead!! 
 I really need to find someone who speaks English as her first language and is used to working with "western" hair!!
Coming to you was always a lot of fun too!
Melissa, U.S.A.

Ronit, it's so nice to have someone who understands my hair! I've been going to this other guy for the past year and haven't been happy. I'm so glad I found your blog and made that trip to Polanco! Now I feel good again!
Lisa, U.S.A.


Ronit, I'm so glad I cam across your blog! What a relief to find a hairdresser I love in Mexico! One less thing to worry about. Everyone loves my hair but most importantly, so do I!
You rock!
Thanks Ronit!

Zen, Austrailia

Color Maintenance Program
I've designed this incentive program to encourage people to keep up with their hair color and not to walk around with roots. What I always say is 'when you get your hair colored the intention is to look like it's your hair color.' 
Make your next color appointment while your in my salon, within 6 weeks of your last appointment and  you will receive:
* $100.- pesos off your next all over color
* Highlights w/lowlights the 2nd color will be at   
   no extra charge (normally $200.- pesos for each   additional color)
* So highlight/lowlight with all over color (roots)    will be $300.- off
 
 Ok that's it for May! Sorry I didn't have time to write in April but time got away from me! Feel free to write me with any questions.
Thanks everyone!
Peace
!
 
Ronit
an american hairdresser in mexico

Comments