August 

Hi everyone back to work after my summer holiday and back to reality! Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Sun, beach, pool, heat, humidity all takes a toll on your hair during these hot summer months. Don't forget to condition, condition, condition your hair! If your hair texture is normal you a good professional conditioner that will condition your hair without weighing it down. If your hair is color treated use a good conditioner for color treated hair. If your hair is color-treated and dry or coarse and dry consider using a good rich conditioner for color-treated hair plus a leave-in conditioner as well.  Also if it at all possible don't shampoo your hair  every day. Even the best shampoos will dry out your hair if you over shampoo your hair. Just think, by not shampooing every day you will not only cut the shampooing in half, but the styling time in half as well! A win-win situation! Even though most of my clients cringe when I recommend them to do this, once they get use to it they love it! And in most cases people start to say they like their hair better on the second day! Try it out! You will also see how much healthier your  hair will eventually start to look by not using hot styling tools on your hair daily.


Here are some great summer hair styles that are fun and sexy for the summer and that are easy to do!


Voluminous Pony

Voluminous Pony

Spritz your roots with dry shampoo, throw in some hot rollers, tease at the crown and pull back into a high ponytail. Elegant. Chic.

Try Molly's braid for an easy trick to take you from beachy-casual to boho-chic:  Make a deep side part, divide a one-inch section into three sections, and French braid across your hairline. Secure with an elastic, and pin behind your ear. Scrunch salt water into the remaining hair with your hands to maximize the carefree effect, or fake it with a texturizing spray.
Partial Briad
Try Molly's braid for an easy trick to take you from beachy-casual to boho-chic: Make a deep side part, divide a one-inch section into three sections, and French braid across your hairline. Secure with an elastic, and pin behind your ear. Scrunch salt water into the remaining hair with your hands to maximize the carefree effect, or fake it with a texturizing spray. 


Try this sexed-up ballerina bun that Kate Hudson rocks. Rake your hair into a ponytail, secure with an elastic, and twist it into a bun. Using your fingers, gently tug strands at the crown up for a little height, and free some of the baby hairs around your face.
 
 Sexy Bun
Try this sexed-up ballerina bun that Kate Hudson rocks. Rake your hair into a ponytail, secure with an elastic, and twist it into a bun. Using your fingers, gently tug strands at the crown up for a little height, and free some of the baby hairs around your face to make it look easy and not so fixed.


 
Ombre
Ombre is still big so don't be afraid to do it if you love it! I've actually been adding highlights from the roots on some of my clients with previous ombre hair and the combination looks really good! If you have ombre from before and love it but want a change, consider adding highlights to your roots and connecting the highlights to the ombre!


Sexy Volume Wave

Brigitte Bardot is one of the most memorable when it comes to hair. The blond bombshell took the  bed head look to new heights! Her cascading locks are still remembered and recreated today!

Client testimonials

Hi Ronit,
I've been meaning to write and tell you how happy I've been with my hair highlights and cut!  Thank you so much and it was great to meet you.  I have gotten many compliments and have shared your cards with some of my friends at the embassy.   You will definitely be hearing from me again!
Best wishes,
Donna, USA

Oh goodness Ronit your wizardry is getting me way more attention than this introvert is prepared for. I'm blushing excessively, but thank you. Being beautiful can be fun, right?!

Lauren, USA
 
Hi Ronit I don't know how to thank you enough for saving my hair! Finding someone to give me soft natural looking highlights has been a challange for me here. The last salon I went to turned my hair orange! And when I went back to have it fixed it just got worse! Anyway, I am grateful to have found you! Thank you so much!
Katherina, Polland

Thanks a LOT for today Ronit! And yes, I LOVE my hair when its been treated by  Ronit :)
Such a difference! You have a really unique touch, both with hair and your clients, impressive!
Clara, Sweden

Ronit did an amazing job of my hair. I don't think I have ever had colour done that looked so natural, and it was great to be able to find someone who knew about european hair and with whom I could communicate with ease. I'd definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a hairdresser in Mexico City.
Suzanna, U.K.

I got my hair cut today, and as always in Singapore, it was a very stressful experience.  Every time I am getting my hair cut here I sit in the chair feeling very tense and wishing I were sitting in your chair in Mexico instead!! 
 I really need to find someone who speaks English as her first language and is used to working with "western" hair!!
Coming to you was always a lot of fun too!
Melissa, U.S.A.

Ronit, it's so nice to have someone who understands my hair! I've been going to this other guy for the past year and haven't been happy. I'm so glad I found your blog and made that trip to Polanco! Now I feel good again!
Lisa, U.S.A.


Ronit, I'm so glad I cam across your blog! What a relief to find a hairdresser I love in Mexico! One less thing to worry about. Everyone loves my hair but most importantly, so do I!
You rock!
Thanks Ronit!

Zen, Austrailia
Color Maintenance Program
I've designed this incentive program to encourage people to keep up with their hair color and not to walk around with roots. What I always say is 'when you get your hair colored the intention is to look like it's your hair color.' 
Make your next color appointment while your in my salon, within 6 weeks of your last appointment and  you will receive:
* $100.- pesos off your next all over color
* Highlights w/lowlights the 2nd color will be at   
   no extra charge (normally $200.- pesos for each   additional color)
* So highlight/lowlight with all over color (roots)    will be $300.- off
 
Peace!
Ronit
an american hairdresser in mexico


Comments