Sparkle, Shine, Gloss!

As we approach the holidays the thing that comes to my mind is sparkle. When I think of bling or sparkle I think hair gloss! Shine! A couple months ago I started introducing my clients to hair gloss. To say it was a hit is an understatement! They love it! Since gloss has no ammonia it's totally gentle on the hair and can be used on practically anyone! For those who want a hint of colour on their natural hair, trust me you're going to love, love this since it washes out in 3-6 weeks... no colour commitment!

I like to mix my own gloss tones for each person keeping jewel tones in mind. Brown topaz, ruby red, diamond, gold (cognac) or amethyst for my browns or reds. Say your colour is brown but want to add a soft highlight, I would mix topaz with amethyst or topaz with gold. On my blondes, diamond (clear) or diamond with gold cognac and it makes the highlights come alive! Play with any colour! Add a little ruby in the gloss and see how much more you like vibrant red. The fun of it for me is that you can play with it to create colour and shine in many shades and it adds just that extra touch that makes the difference.

Since gloss is so gentle on the hair you can do it up to twice a month with out damaging your hair at all. It's also great for reducing frizz! So much so that some people prefer doing a gloss treatment over keratin straightening treatment because it's more gentle on the hair and makes the hair silky and shiny!

Shine on!

How would I mix my jewel tone gloss to achieve these shine like these celebrities?



KIM KARDASHIAN
If you like Kim's hair, a chestnut brown permanent color with my amber jewel tone mix and a touch of cognac would do the trick!

Inline image


JESSICA SIMPSON
For Jessica Simpson's color, I would do an over all ultra platinum blonde colour with diamond as my jewel tone gloss from roots to ends.

Inline image


JULIANNE MOORE
A rich titian red base color with ruby red gloss to intensify and seal the red is pretty jazzy plus adds crazy beautiful shine!
Inline image


Sarah Jessica Parker
Sarah Jessica Parker is one of those cool blondes that everyone loves. To achieve this look I would some golden ombre highlights with diamond and gold glaze throughout.
Inline image


Giselle
As for blonde like Giselle's I would do two tones of babylights (ultra thin highlights) and a diamond gloss with a touch of cognac overall.


Here's to finishing out this year with peace and love in the world! And to starting 2016 with hope, inspiration and solidarity! Happy New Year everyone!


Comments