Fall Hair Mexico City

Every now and then people ask if I have any pictures of my work. Up until now I have not. But that's all about to change!!!!Recently I had a new client that showed me her hair dresser's blog from Italy, which had pictures of his clients from the back of their hair before and after. I loved loved loved this idea! So this month for the first time I'm going to share with you some pictures with you of my work so you can get an idea of my work as well. I'm very excited!The three clients I'm showing you this month are: blonde highlights with clear diamond gloss, blonde curly hair that has been highlighted and layered, and a warm reddish brown multi color (tri-lights) with a medium brown base color and clear gloss. 

In the pictures below you'll find the finished outcome of these 3 clients and the needs of each one from beginning to end. 

It's been a lot of fun for me putting this all together for you and thanks to the participation of my clients I think we're off to a good start. 

Feel free to email me with any questions. 


Melanie

Melanie's Goal:
Melanie has platinum blonde highlights that look killer good on her! It brightens up her whole face while looking natural at the same time. We've been working on growing her hair out while trimming only the very ends so as it grows out it stays healthy at the same time. From time to time we throw some lowlights to keep the dimension in her color which is really important to help prevent the color from looking flat. In between Melanie's highlights we do a clear diamond gloss to keep her hair smooth and shiny! This not only adds visual shine (like top coat to your nail polish). The gloss also coats the hair and makes it feel thicker with more body which is also important to her as her hair is very fine hair. In most cases my clients like to do gloss directly on top of their color the day of their color appointment but in Melanie's case she likes coming in 3 weeks after her highlights to freshen up her color in between. 

Melanie's Maintenance:
Melanie comes in every 6 weeks for a highlights and we touch up the regrowth area only. This is really important as it keeps her hair staying healthy all the time. And the results are fabulous!



Lena

Lena's Goal:
Lena's hair really deserved a before and after picture as the transformation was amazing! Lena's hair was very long, naturally curly and kind of a mousy brown. Several months ago she decided she wanted a change. She was ready to cut off some length and go blonder! I was reluctant to cut off so much length but she was right on! This cut not only makes her hair look like it's twice as thick but also gives her a modern up-to-date look. 

Lena's Maintenance:
Lena comes in every couple of months and does a two toned highlight but this time decided to go lighter and brighter. If you highlight your hair with two colors it usually take you farther and you can go longer between color touch ups. If you do one light blonde color your roots will be more noticeable. But these days I find that my blondes want to be blonder! ... highlights can be addicting!



Molly 

Molly's Goal:
Molly's hair was long and medium-dark brown when she first came to me. She wanted some richness and depth to her color while having some multi colored highlights at the same time. This was a first for her playing with color in this kind of a way. But she now loves it and she says people stop here everywhere she goes! She brought me a picture of what she wanted in terms of color and cut and she made a good choice of inspiration. Molly chose a model who really resembled her and that's really important when taking an inspiration picture to your stylist. You don't have to look like a model when choosing an inspiration picture but look for someone who has similar hair texture, face shape and complexion to yours. I mention this because the more realistic you are about what you want the better your results will be.


Molly's Maintenance:
Molly comes in every 6 weeks to maintain her color and cut. She alternates between doing all over root color with a gloss over lay and doing multi-colored highlights with a root color touch up in between the highlights. We also trim her hair every time to keep her style in shape.



I try to encourage my color clients to come in every 4-6 weeks to maintain their hair color. This way they'll never have roots and the color will always look natural. That's what we want right? Beautiful natural looking color. If you go too long it doesn't look natural anymore. I have a great incentive plan to make people say 'yeah I want to try that maintenance plan.' Once you love your hair and you feel great trust me, you'll totally want to keep it up! Be realistic and find something that works for you and your lifestyle.

Comments