Hair and makeup: A glamorous combo!

First off, let's talk makeup! Two things I absolutely love doing are hair and makeup. Most people know me for highlights, color and cuts, which I've been dedicated to doing since I was a teenager, but what they don't realize is that I'm also a total makeup junkie and makeup artist. I love, love, love doing makeup just as much as I love doing hair! My approach is soft and fresh not caked on and heavy. After all, the whole point of makeup is to make us look prettier!

Of course, I do wedding and event makeup, but did you know I also offer classes to show you the best way to apply your makeup for day and night? Yep. I'm happy to help. It's really important to know some tips and tricks that are easy and none time consuming. For example, when applying makeup for day it should only take a few minutes of well invested time and great products that will last throughout the day. It's as simple as utilizing the products you already have but I can also show you what you can do with just a few other options... My goal is simply to make you glow!  

Pro tip: Before I apply makeup I always prep the skin and moisturize first. Contouring is fun but doesn't need to be exaggerated. And highlighting is a technique that really needs to be done right otherwise it just looks fake. The rest is just adding the right colors and techniques for your skin tone.


Skin-tone and makeup
In this case, Jessie (on the right) was specifically looking for a Marilyn Monroe look for both her hair and makeup.

The other girl is probably really familiar if you've been in my chair! Ha!!! It's me! I wanted to show you the difference in the same makeup on a completely different skin-tone. Notice how dramatically different we look? A blonde and a brunette can wear the same look yet have a dramatically different appearance. Both fabulous, right?

Ok, now let's talk hair....This month I want to share some before and afters of the color corrections that come my way. Color, highlights and color corrections are what I do do all day long! Ninety percent of my clientele are color and cut.  Correcting color requires a lot of experience and understanding of how color works best. When correcting color my objective is to not only improve or fix the color but also improve the texture of the hair that was previously damaged. 

Let's take a look at a few girls that have been in my chair this month... 

Bold red needs a healthy redo

Mirayda came to me with highly processed, extremely damaged hair. She wanted to keep the vibrant red color but bring back the healthy hair that she once had. So, I had to be really careful not to further the damage with harsh chemicals. I colored her hair with a low-ammonia  deep red color and then added a gloss for extra nutrition and protection. Then, we cut off all the dead ends to give her a fresh, healthy style.

From GREEN to Fabulous

Erin outgrew her trendy green hair. It was dry, frizzy and unmanageable. She wanted something more natural and healthy looking. So, I gave her a fresh, chestnut brown color correction and some natural highlights. Finished with a gloss and trimmed off the dead ends.












Blonde update

Mary came to me with naturally curly hair with a few highlights. She was a bit bored with the look and wanted to jazz up her look by adding more blonde and highlighting her face. Wow! What a change.


Comments