Happy 2019! Make this your best hair year ever!

Let’s talk about a few simple things you do can that’ll help you achieve that...

Healthy, happy hair always starts with getting a trim on a regular basis (yes, even if you’re trying to grow it out!). Seriously, it really does make a big difference in keeping your hair always looking it's best. I recommend trimming your hair every six weeks. Trimming off those dry ends prevents them from splitting and makes your hair shinier. A great way to start off the new year fresh!

Next, as I’ve always said, beautiful hair starts by using hair color with low ammonia and lots of conditioners including keratin! I find these days that too many salons are using pure bleach and not color which really leaves me perplexed. Why use harsh chemicals when there are so many good choices on the market? Great color is my goal but hair healthy is always number one priority.  No matter what you do to your hair—if it's not healthy, it can't be beautiful. So, I’m always on the hunt for the latest color products that have the most nutrients for my clients’ hair types.

Here’s the thing though, using good hair products at home is equally important. I’m thrilled when clients leave my chair and love their look but if your look doesn’t keep you happy then it doesn’t work for me either! Aftercare and what you do (or don't do for that matter) on a daily basis crucial to help keeping your hair looking great between visits. Think about it, if we treat your hair with nutrient-rich products in the salon and it looks fantastic, then you go home and use products that simply aren’t meant for your hair type, how will it work over time? It’s like going to the doctor, he tells you that you’re allergic to dairy, but you keep eating Haagen Daaz. No bueno, my friend.

Now, I’m not saying you have to spend a fortune on products just to keep up with the salon look. Looking good when you leave my salon is big but looking good every day is bigger. I can show you what products will benefit your specific hair type. How to shampoo and conditioners your hair the right way—most people do it in such a way that actually damages their hair believe it or not! When to comb out and how to blow dry your hair.  And how often you should wash your hair.

PRO TIP: 

Eating foods rich in Vitamin B helps not only strengthen your hair but your face too! Try eating more oatmeal, green vegetables, strawberries, and salmon.

Comments